CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trips, Vacations, Holidays--I love them all!

So, the pregnancy has not quite gone as I had expected. Nausea turned into morning sickness, morning sickness turned into all day sickness, and all day sickness turned into 24 hour sickness. Needless to say I ended up quiting my job and deferring the semester. Now I spend my days in our apartment trying to drink (sometimes eat) and doing what I do best...looking up vacations.

I am in my 14th week now so I am hoping to see some improvements soon, but meanwhile I will keep trying to plan future vacations for me and Chewy. In case you didn't know me well enough I LOVE vacations, trips, holidays, weekend getaways, love it all. This is probably because growing up my parents made a point to always take our family on a vacation every year. Sometimes it was big vacations to Hawaii or Florida. Other times it was a short fun trip to Wyoming or the Oregon coast. Either way these were some of my favorite memories; our vacations.

It is only natural now that we carry this tradition on in our own family. Me and Chewy have decided that our family will go on a vacation every year, and of course one little trip just the two of us :). Our first Vacation was our honeymoon. An excellent cruise from LA to Ensenada Mexico. Our next vacation was last April and we went too Disneyland. This was an absolutely fabulous trip, and I can't wait to go back. Now that I am pretty much on bed rest and locked in our apartment I have made a point to look up future vacations ever morning. I have gone from Las Vegas, Florida (Disney World), Hawaii, Canada, Cruises, New York, North Carolina, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, San Diego, etc. Chewy thinks that this would be depressing for me, but I enjoy every minute of it.

I would (and have done it) give up a year of shopping, going out to eat, going out to the movies, and other fun activities to save up for a vacation. This year we are taking things a little slower and going to Leavenworth, WA for a weekend in April. Chewy served his mission in Germany so hopefully this will be a home away from home. So for now it is up to me to plan our vacation for next year. I'm pulling for Disney World. Anyone have any GREAT vacation ideas?

Our first vacation...Honeymoon Aug, 2008!


Second trip DISNEYLAND April 2009

Third little trip--1st Anniversary Day to Lagoon!


This was just a mother daughter trip..sorry Chewy. Lincoln City, Oregon Aug, 2009
Fourth trip home to WA, mariners game, wicked, Rachael's wedding September 2009

Like I said, I love vacations, trips, holidays, new places, new sights, hotels, free breakfast, etc. I can't wait for our next one!

3 comments:

Cristy said...

You and I must be cut from the same cloth!! I LOVE Vacations too!!! Not only do I LOVE taking them - but I LOVE planning them! I could spend HOURS on the Computer deciding where to go next. But most often, it's planning something Disney related!!
Congrats on the baby news! I hope you feel better soon!! I UNDERSTAND about the all day sickness...I won't tell you when I started to feel better... ;)

Anonymous said...

Your next vacation should be to Columbus, Ohio. I hear the scenery is exquisite and the people are out of this world. Free place to stay, free breakfast, 6-8 hour drive to D.C., New York, Chicago...

Kaile and Cambria said...

I want to go on vacation too! Thats all I can tell Kaile, "in April I want to go on Vacation" I hope you start feeling better!