CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pregnant or Not Pregnant?!

The answer is.....

YES!

I am about 11 weeks along and...surviving. I have been wanting to call a lot of people to tell in person, but it has been hard enough just getting up in the morning. It was definitely hard to keep this a secret since my family is VERY good at spilling the beans. Mostly it was by accident, my mother however just went crazy and told anyone who would listen (don't worry I still love you mom). Anyways here are some answers to the many questions that everyone probably has.

Q: How far along are you?
A: I already said 11 weeks

Q: When is your due date?
A: August 2nd, 2010

Q: How have you been feeling?
A: Well, If I wasn't pregnant and have lost 10lbs great, but don't worry I have my drugs and I am still alive

Q: Was this planned?
A: YES, it is actually quite a blessing that we finally did get pregnant

Q: Are you still going to school?
A: As of now, yes. And plan on graduating in July

Q: Do you know the sex?
A: Nope still too early. Probably find out in February or March

Q: Are you hoping for a certain sex?
A: We will be happy with either boy or girl. But we recently got tons of cute girl clothes from a very special friend...so having a girl could save on money.

Q: Is your family excited?
A: YES! I never thought my parents would be so excited to be called Grandma and Grandpa. Debby will for sure have a fight to hold this one. (haha just kidding)

Q: Have you had an ultrasound yet?
A: Yup! We had our first one before going home for Christmas. We got to see the little bean and just today we heard the heartbeat for the first time.

I can't express how grateful, excited, nervous, anxious, and ready we are for this little person to be here (well inside me). As hard and sometimes outright awful it has been we count it as a blessing everyday. Hopefully the sickness will end soon and then I can enjoy getting fat and showing off my baby belly! Thank you for all the prayers and phone calls. I truly do have the best family and friends anyone could ask for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I hope one of those phone calls to inform certain people "in person" was meant for ME, but I can't give you too hard of a time because I'm sure you are a sick little mess :) I love you guys! If it's a girl, you can name her Mallory...that will make up for you not calling me.

Jennett said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!! Hang in there Katie, I know EXACTLY what you are feeling and can empathize. I really hope it gets better for you soon. Seeing Avarie now makes all the sick and throwing up worth it. I hope you can get some Zofran soon ;) I will be anxious to hear what you will be having in the months ahead! And when you get a baby bump, please post!

The Jensen Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Monica told me the good news yesterday so I was hoping you had it on your blog. I expect updated belly pictures:) Your almost to your 2nd trimester which is the funnest.

Kaile and Cambria said...

Congratulations!
I miss seeing you in class and at church... I hope in your second trimester you start feeling better!